By George Reed on December 26th, 2016
Credit cards are a usual type of payment in the supermarkets, malls, banks, cafes, on the gas stations, etc. They are a part of our routine. But is this part of the routine protected enough?
While people are trying to make their family and friends happy, they give thieves a substantial platform for certain frauds. Relying on on the experience of installment loan specialists seems like a nice idea.
There is no doubt that forgetting about credit cards, especially during holidays, is impossible. That’s why it’s crucial to take fraud precautionary measures.
Types of the Credit Card Frauds
In order to prevent thieves from swindling, it’s important to know what manipulations they can do with your credit cards!
- Small business loan fraud – it isn’t the basic form of the credit card fraud. The thieves are usually banks or online lenders, who charge extremely high fees and interest rates for small business loan, personal loans or and cash loans.
- Credit card disputes – a thief uses a stolen credit card, purchases goods or services and reverses the charges by using the wrong credit card dispute.
- Unauthorized use – scammers can use a sneaky card device to make purchases with the stolen card or steals the credit card information to make purchases online, for instance.
- Identify theft – when thieves steal identifying information, the fraud isn’t revealed immediately. It takes the time to realize that your card was used by the scammers but usually it’s too late.
There are basic operations, which fraudster can make with your credit cards. Now, familiarize with the main precautionary measures!
How to Protect Credit Cards
1. Protect Credit Card Accounts
It’s crucial to choose those banks and local credit cards providers that protect credit card accounts. The most reliable measures are setting up credit card limits, special alerts for suspicious operations, and free credit card monitoring.
2. Apply for High-Securing Merchant System
There merchant systems of different levels of protection. Obviously, it’s important to choose the highest one. When you apply for different kinds of small business credit, merchant systems act as a reliable protection measure.
3. Change Credentials for Credit Card Accounts
Changing your credentials regularly doesn’t protect your credit card 100%. Still, it definitely increases the protection. If the fraudster knows your credentials, you can change them right in the moment when he is about to make a fatal operation.
4. Upgrade E-commerce Security Settings
If you operate the website, which sales goods, it’s crucial to update your e-commerce security settings. Furthermore, make sure you chose an encrypted checkout process.
5. Ask for Verification Documents
When you conduct financial operations on the Internet, you want to trust your clients. That’s why it’s important to ask them about providing verification. You can simply ask them to take a photo of their driving license.
6. Choose Reliable Credit Card Providers
Meanwhile, you are applying for a small business loan or credit card, the person, who provides you with that, can be a scammer. Prevent them from using your personal information! Choose the reliable banking institutions. They mustn’t be governmental only.
You can apply for local financial bureaus or private bank. Still, ensure in the crystal reputation of the institution.